Friday, March 9, 2012

Biore Triple Action Astringent

Astringent seems so 1980's, doesn't it?  Regardless, this is an item I've kept in my bathroom for a couple of years now.  It's a cheap product (between $5 and $9) and has helped keep my pores small and my face clear of breakouts, simply by helping remove excess oil, dirt, and makeup.


I will say I'm not sure this product would be for everyone.  I am not very acne-prone, and if I break out, it's because I haven't cleansed or exfoliated correctly, or because I used a bad product.  After I cleanse my face each night, I do a quick sweep of this and the cotton pad always has extra dirt and makeup on it that didn't come off with just my cleanser.  The active ingredient is your basic 2% salicylic acid, and there is some alcohol in this.  I don't mind that, and I get a very clean, tight, tingly feeling after using it.  And what's more - I don't break out.

I'm not sure how this Biore formulation differs from the other astringents in this price point (Clean and Clear, Clearasil, etc.), but it works much better, in my experience.  A good add to your medicine cabinet if you just want a little extra clean feeling on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment