Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Classics that Rule

Everyone knows I'm a fan of new and fabulous beauty products, but even I have to admit that sometimes the classics are classics for a reason. I went back to try two of these when InStyle named them Best Beauty Buys for 2013...

Best Body Wash: Dove Deep Moisture (also won in 2012)


I have to admit, as body washes go, this is one of the best.  Its low price is always attractive, but more importantly - it works.  It's way more moisturizing than other body washes and leaves my skin feeling great.  Plus: the bottle last forever. The drawback - it's not natural/organic.  *Note: Dove's Sensitive Skin body wash also won a "best" award, and I am guessing it's also pretty excellent.


Best Lightweight Body Lotion: Jergens Skin Smoothing Moisturizer
This won best back in 2007, but I needed lotion, and I opted to try this one again. I have a cabinet shelf full of "special" lotions (body butters, oils, eco-friendly, etc.), and I wanted something simple. Again, the price is compelling, and the stuff simply works.  It IS lightweight, has a clean smell, and leaves the skin feeling moisturized but not greasy. 

As I need new products, I'll add more classics that work...but for the meantime, these are two I definitely recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment