Friday, October 11, 2013

Dior vs. Armani: Who wins the foundation battle?

When I saw that Armani was so very recognized for their Luminous Silk Foundation, I was excited to try it. It won things like "best liquid foundation of 2013" by InStyle. Alas, it was tough to find in Atlanta - only Nordstrom carries it, and I wasn't in the mood to trek to Perimeter Mall or Lenox Mall.  So, I waited.

In the meantime, my skincare consultation at Dior was scheduled, so by the time I got out to Perimeter, I was buying Diorskin Nude Foundation...because...well, because Dior gave me an entire skin care consultation and it was sort of fabulous.
Long story made short, I found Armani Luminous Silk in a Sephora in Le Defense in Paris.  Got color matched. Picked it up pronto.  Over the course of the next several weeks, I have used both foundations to see which is better.

The winner?  Definitely the Diorskin Nude.  It's lighter, and goes on much more naturally, while still giving lovely coverage.  It lasts all day (over a primer, of course) and is overall more naturally beautiful on my skin.

This is not to say the Armani isn't good - it is.  But in this case, Dior takes the ribbon. Other designer foundations I am curious about are from Givenchy, Guerlain, Dolce & Gabbana, and Marc Jacobs. Thoughts on this TBD...as I run out of foundation!

No comments:

Post a Comment