Sunday, January 12, 2014

Body Moisturizers on Parade

I readily admit that I am a body lotion/cream/butter/oil fanatic. I simply don't feel remotely OK with tight or slightly dry skin. I must feel SUPPLE, people!

I blogged last year about Tree Hut's Body Butters, which I still really like, especially the Brazilian Nut scent. http://productsforrealgirls.blogspot.com/2012/08/body-butters-yum.html

Since then, I've tried several other products - thoughts here:

1. L'Occitane Ultra Rich Body Cream with Shea Butter
This doesn't feel as thick and moisturizing as other body butters.  Plus, I don't love the scent; it's not bad, but it's not pleasant, either. The moisture quality is fine, and lasts a good while, but I wasn't wowed by this, especially for $42 a tub. http://www.sephora.com/ultra-rich-body-cream-rich-in-shea-butter-P238001


2. First Aid Beauty, Ultra Repair Cream
The price point is more reasonable for this product; Sephora carries two sizes for $28 and $39.  Still, not cheap.  Again, I don't love the smell.  It's a bit menthol-y and fresh. It's also not super thick - it's more whipped and light.  I don't feel like it soaks into my skin much.  It seems to create a soft, moisturized layer on top of my skin instead of really absorbing. The benefit of this one seems to be that it can be used for all types of skin allergies and irritations/disorders, and it can be used on the body AND the face. 
http://www.sephora.com/ultra-repair-cream-P248407


3. The Body Shop, Shea Body Butter
Here, I stumbled on my new favorite body butter! It's made with Fair Trade ingredients, and comes in a myriad of scents. The shea happens to be my favorite, as it's a yummy scent that's not overpowering.  This is much thicker than other body butters, but soaks in beautifully and leaves me feeling moisturized for hours. It even makes freshly-shaven legs feels amazing, which can be tricky.  Best of all?  The price is great.  The JUMBO is on sale for $15, typically $25.  That's a lot more product than other brands.  http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/shop-by-line/shea/jumbo-body-butter-shea.aspx

In some instances, I recommend spending more for beauty products, but this is one instance where higher dollars doesn't seem to always mean a better experience.  After buying this body butter, I decided to grab a few other Body Shop products that are highly rated, and will be blogging about those soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment