Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Newest Craze: Body Oils

In 2013, I noticed a lot of new body oils on the market.  I was hesitant to use an oil, but during the summer, I wanted that nice bronze-y sheen, so I tried a few. Results were mixed, and as follows...

1. Neutrogena Body Oil (~$10)
This was the first oil I tried, and I wasn't a huge fan.  The sesame oil formula is very slippery and..well, oily. It does moisturize the skin, bet it didn't smell good, and even after letting it sink into my skin, the smell and oil seemed to stay on any clothes I wore that day. I still have most of the bottle, and I don't foresee myself using it.

2. Nuance Dual-Phase Body Oil ($13)
I moved on to this oil in Salma Hayek's Nuance line, and had a better experience.  This is made with jojoba, coconut, and passion fruit oils.  It's a more "dry" oil - it takes more to sink into the skin, but I did not feel greasy, and the smell is lovely. The only drawback seemed to be that the moisture doesn't last as long as a lotion.

3. Carol's Daughter Lavendar & Vanilla Dry Oil Mist (~$16)


My latest body oil trial has been better than expected - the lavendar and vanilla is a soothing, spa-like scent.  Oils are some shea, sweet almond, and soy.  Moisture is medium-level, I'd say - not oily or greasy, but gives you a nice supple sheen. Most likely to keep using this one, and I'll check out the other scents, as well.  Carol's Daughter is a very natural brand, which is nice.

Overall, I think body oils are a nice addition to my body skin care routine - but they can't replace a good lotion or body butter.  Now, if I can only find a body butter and an oil in the same excellent scent, I'll be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment