Friday, February 24, 2012

Anew Rejuvenate Revitalizing Day Cream



One of my best friends in the whole world is one of those embarrassingly over-the-top gift givers. One Christmas, I got him a sweater and he got me some perfume and a jar of facial moisturizer from Chanel. I told him off for spending so much money, but fell in LOVE with the moisturizer. It was SPF 25, and it made my face feel so soft in those brutally dry winters. It didn’t absorb quite as well into my then-oily skin during warm weather, but still, I loved it. Eventually, of course, I ran out and when I went to repurchase it, I realized my best friend is totally cracked more generous than I'd known. There was no way I was forking out $100 for moisturizer. Seven years later, I still hadn’t found anything coming close to that quality for under $40.

Fast forward to Christmas, when my mother-in-law visited. She has recently started selling Avon, and to support her I ordered a few things. I’ve been using a tinted moisturizer that I like, but I wanted a regular moisturizer to go under the powder foundation I sometimes use. On my mother-in-law’s suggestion, I ordered the Anew Rejuvenate Day Cream, SPF 25. I love it. I love it at least as much as I loved my Chanel moisturizer! It has a really pleasant scent, and a lovely, creamy texture that absorbs quickly into my skin. Within a few minutes, my skin feels soft and I can’t tell I’m wearing a product at all – no greasy residue or feeling of heaviness that I get from most moisturizers. I have normal skin now -- thank you, Accutane! -- and my morning application lasts all day. At $30 for a 1.7oz jar, it’s certainly not drugstore cheap, but it’s a steal for the quality of the product.

Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment